Friday, February 29, 2008

A Long Week

The week started off normally. Tobie took Ivy in for her 15 month check up. She is in the 80th percentile for height and 30th for weight and head. Tall and thin I guess. I never would have said she was tall for her age though. Well, as all good babies do she developed a fever in response to her vaccinations. Tuesday, as I was leaving a half day workshop, I get a call from day care, she has a fever of 102. So as you can guess that really means like 100. Anyway, I tried to get mom to pick her up, no answer. Tobie was trying to wrap things up at work, so he really could not do it, so that left me. Luckily it only took about 20 minutes to juggle subs and teaching assistants to get my last two classes covered. And, just as we predicted, when I got her home she only had 100.4 temperature. Not that she did not need some motrin, but they love to make everything a BIG deal! So Ivy and I got to spend the rest of Tuesday on the couch. I took her to mom's on Wednesday b/c she was still fighting a fever and her leg was in pain from the shots. Then I got sick! I actually thought I was coming down with the flu, thank goodness that is not the case. Chills, fever, body aches, sore throat the whole nine yards. Made it to work on Thursday, under much duress. Now I have no voice to speak of to go along with my "cold". So what started as a very normal week, turned very typical very quickly.

On lighter notes...Yea Shelly!!! No more boot for the toe. Walk lightly my dear friend:) I will keep your toe in my prayers:) LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I'm memeing you! The rules are in my latest post http://crazyinlouisiana.blogspot.com/
    Have fun!
    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete