Sunday, October 19, 2008

Where has the 10 years gone?

So Friday, Tobie and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I am still having a hard time believing that 10 years have passed. I remember when I was a kid the idea of a year was this massive length of time. And it always seemed like it took two year just to get to Christmas. Now that I have children I am beginning to realize just how fast a year disappears.

When you look back on a day that means so much in your life it is funny to see what you actually remember. Like I remember sitting and waiting at my parents house waiting for the limo...which we found out later had forgotten to pick us up, and someone at the church had to remind him to go and get us. I remember that the only food I had before the wedding was a banana because my stomach was all in knots. I remember Tobie and I laughing at the weight of my flowers (they were deceivingly heavy)while we were kneeling in front of the priest and all of our friends and family. I remember that I had all of one sip of beer at my reception because anytime Tobie and I sat down we ended up taking pictures...I don't even know if the food was any good. But most of all I remember being happy. Even when the kinks showed up during the day, I still remember how happy I was. And I remember all of this like it was just yesterday.

So what is my hope for the next 10 years...I think that I hope that I can slow down enough to appreciate all of the little things that build up those years. So when my children ask me about an event I can recall it...even if it seemed insignificant at the time.

Oh, and by the way the 10 year anniversary gift is tin...good luck with that. I even saw one site that was offering gift ideas and they listed tin snips as an option. Good grief!

So to my wonderful husband...Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad we took the plunge:) No tin for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment