Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am sure this will not continue.

Most the time when I clean, my kids try to help. As most parents of young children know...they are very well intentioned, but the end result...sometimes not so great. Also it takes a job that could be finished in a short amount of time and turns it into a lengthy procedure. Which I have come to realize that this is a learning experience for them and if I will just let them help, maybe it will build life long useful skills.

So now when Izaac asks to help clean I try really hard to make it possible for him to so. This picture shows the results of me "letting go" just a bit. I came into the room and he had stacked every toy, or box that was on the floor onto a higher surface and had commenced - a - cleanin'.

I am quite sure that this kind of help will not last, so I need to ignore that it might not get done exactly the way I want it and just let him help.

Ivy does the same kind of thing. Unloading the dishwasher is her favorite. I have learned that I just have to stand by the cabinets and let her bring the dishes to me...one at a time....very lengthy procedure, but at least she is helping:-)

So this blog is dedicated to my children...may they always want to help me clean (yea, right).

No comments:

Post a Comment