Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Where does the time go?

Well, the holidays are over and I am back to work and I really don't know where the time went. We started getting ready for the Christmas holidays by buying out IKEA. I swear it seems like our whole house was bought from there. We decided to move the shelves that Tobie had in his office up to Ivy's room and then finish her room off with the matching dresser...have to say I am very happy with it...now I just have to organize. We finally bought shelves for upstairs and according to Tobie the play room is done...only it would be perfect if we painted and got new carpet though...oh well, that will have to wait. Then we reorganized the office so we have one very big desk...big enough that I now have room for my things...its the small things that make me happy. We finally moved the poker table out of the "dining room" which opened up a ton more room for toys! We actually slimmed down the amount of toys downstairs, so we are not constantly tripping over them. And all of this was done before Christmas...

SO with that being said...No one has gotten Christmas cards...nor have we even ordered them...Right before the holidays Tobie was working tons of overtime (61 hours in one week) trying to get his project flying...and you all know my computer skills. So no cards. We will get to it even if they are Happy St. Patrick Day cards...Sad, I know.

As far as I can tell:) Tobie has not put any of our holiday pictures on the computer, so I am sadly having to post without pictures...I just could not wait any longer...Shelly was giving me too much grief:) And again relying on my skills with technology means that all of the pictures are trapped on the cameras:) I will bug him about it.

New Years was very laid back, more enjoyable then being out in the craziness. Izaac managed to stay up to 11:45, I did not worry about it because the people in my neighborhood had been popping fireworks all night, so he saw his share, even if it was not the finale at midnight. It is sad thinking back on the years, they go so fast now. We lost Butch, and Charlotte in '07, but gained Nolan. Hopefully this year will be only filled with joy.

We did manage a trip to LA before the new year, where Tobie got addicted to Guitar Hero III. On the ride home we called every Walmart and was able to acquire our very own Guitar Hero, lucky us. It is fun to watch...too frustrating for me to play. Shelly and the kids made it down last Thursday, and we managed to make it to the Health Museum to see the Sesame Street body expose. The kids had a great time!

Well with that, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! To those of you we do not see often, we miss you all more during the holidays and wish we could have been with you. Good wishes for the new year. May '08 bring you peace, joy and love!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes - agreed! Thank you! Thank you too fo letting us stay with you, we had a really great time, short but really nice!

    ReplyDelete