Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Done

I think I have officially reached the "I am done talking about the hurricane" phase. I went back to work today with instructions from the heads of the district to "Let the kids talk about it." And after 7 periods of hearing about the destruction, and having to share my story...I'm exhausted!

With that being said I did have four students who lost everything. They lived in Seabrook and, don't anymore. Very sad, but they were holding together very well. I did have one student fall completely asleep sitting up in his chair, to the extent of drooling on himself. He lost his house and has been living in a small travel trailer with no electricity, until yesterday when the electricity came on. I also still have one student that is unaccounted for. I am hoping she will turn up soon.

Our weekend was very uneventfull. Tobie worked on our front garden that got pulverized by Ike, but is looking good now.

Tobie loves decorating for Halloween and has begun the process of spookafying our house. I will have to post some pictures when he is done.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan,
    I'm glad to hear that you made it through the storm. I'm sure that getting back into school will be difficult for everyone. I love the pictures from the farm!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete