Thursday, September 11, 2008


To leave or not to leave has been on my mind quite a bit this past 12 hours. When I was leaving work on Wednesday, Ike was going to Corpus and they were only giving us Friday off...for what I can only assume was to pacify the paranoid teachers. But from the time I left work at 4:30 to the 6 o'clock news, we went from not really worrying about it to questioning what we should do. So all day today I have gone back and forth as to my plans.

Tobie was not and is not leaving. He feels that if the water or wind is going to do some damage than he could be here to do damage control. Last night we were not even going to board up how things change during the night. Well turns out almost every neighbor boarding windows, and here we are without a truck to even go get wood. But the goodness comes out in people during storms and a guy Tobie was helping board up his house offered us wood and clips to do our house. So now I feel a bit like we are living in a cave, not so bad because it helps keep the house cool:-) Gotta find that silver lining right.

But, I do want you all to know that I have heard and debated all of the advice that I have been given. As of right now I am staying here, and I don't think it is going to change. I feel safer being here with my family then trying to venture cross state with who knows what other crazies that might be in the car stuck next to me an my children in traffic.

So I'm sure I will be the subject of "bad mom" conversations and that is okay. But I have decided that I can not deal with leaving Tobie here by himself. So we are going to do this as a family...Ike has been fickle so we will see again tomorrow. I will keep blogging as long as I have electricity.

1 comment:

  1. Megan I am now REALLY worried about you! We are getting really bad winds and rain and we are not even near the storm! Yes it is 4 am and I woke up because it sounded like the wind was coming through the house in the front again! I had to check to see if the storm had changed directions!!!